9.11.2008

ServiceNation: Liveblogging Obama Part II

9:42 As Obama ends, he gets an enormous wave of cheers. John McCain must envy him.

9:40 Obama knows his campaign and how intense it is, even for young people. On my first day in the campaign, my boss asked me how much I could work because she'd "work me up to the point where I'd hate Barack Obama." She didn't succeed, but it just proves we young people can handle responsibility if we have it. We can change America, but we can't do it alone.

9:37 Obama delivers a muscular defense of government. It reminds me of Matt Santos' peroration on liberalism in The West Wing. It was great then, and it's excellent now--as evidenced by the applause.

9:35 Obama says that organizing was the best education he got. As a former organizer for his campaign (before I came to Columbia), I can tell you that my several months of organizing rivals Columbia for the best time of my life so far.

9:33 Obama is bringing people of various stripes together, and he says so. There's an outpouring of cheers.

The other post was getting a little long.

No comments: